The Assessment Office carries out the policies set by the Board of Assessment Revision, which is made up of the Tioga County Commissioners. Tioga County is a sixth-class county and follows the “Consolidated County Assessment Law”. The County’s assessment records are public information and accessible via computer terminals in the Courthouse.
The primary function of the Assessment Office is the valuation of real property for ad valorem (at value) tax purposes, including the management of all property characteristic and ownership records. This office does not establish the real estate tax levy; it is responsible for the valuation (commonly known as the assessment) of all real property in Tioga County. Based on those assessments, the County, municipalities, and school districts establish budgets and necessary millage rates to generate revenue, apply those millage rates to individual property assessments, thereby producing individual property tax levies. The Tax Assessment Office also administers the Homestead and Farmstead Exclusion Program (Act 50 & Act 1) and the Clean and Green Preferential Assessment Program (Act 319, as amended).
The County and township/borough tax year is January 1st through December 31st, with tax notices being mailed on March 1st. The school tax year begins July 1st through June 30th of the following year. School tax notices are mailed in July.
Online Assessment Database
Tioga County assessment data is now available online. A limited access version of the assessment database is available at no charge. The database can be accessed by clicking the link below.
Ownership and parcel data is updated weekly. Assessed value changes and map changes are updated on the online database in February, April, June, August, and November.
- 2021 SECRETARIES CONTACT INFO
- 2022 Collectors Contact Info
- 2022 Millage
- Appeal Procedures - Rules and Regulations
- Clean And Green 30 day notice of conveyance
- Clean and Green Act 319 Rollback Appeal Form
- Clean and Green Application For New and Amended
- Clean and Green Booklet
- Clean and Green Voluntary Termination Application
- Export Request Form
- An Ordinance Amending Tioga County Preferential Tax Assessment Plan Ordinance 2005-01
- Homestead Application
- Assessment Appeal Form
- Informal and Formal Appeal Policy and Procedures
- Application for the Exemption of Real Estate
- Tioga County Rules and Regulations for Approval of Exemption of Real Estate Tax