Human Services
Skip navigation links
Skip navigation links
Board of Commissioners
Calendar of Events
Conservation District
County Directory
County DepartmentsExpand County Departments
Court of Common PleasExpand Court of Common Pleas
Human ServicesExpand Human Services
Tioga County PrisonExpand Tioga County Prison
Right to Know PolicyExpand Right to Know Policy
Employment Opportunities
Township & Boro Information



Q. Who do I call to get more information?

A. For general information call 1-800-242-5766 (within Pennsylvania) or (570) 724-5766 (out-of-state). 

Q. How do I get services?

A. Call (570) 724-5766 or 1-800-242-5766 between 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Mondays through Fridays, for the Family Services department. A staff member will ask you some basic questions, such as the nature of your problem, your name, age, date of birth, address and phone number. This information will help us determine your eligibility for services. In an emergency, call 911 (within Tioga County) and an on-call worker will assist you.

Q. What services are available?

A. We offer a wide variety of services for all age groups. Some of our services are open to residents outside of Tioga County. For details, refer to our Service Guide.

Q. How much does the service cost?

A. Most services are provided free of charge or on a sliding fee scale, based on special income guidelines.

Q. How often will I see my casemanager?

A. You will be seen at least once a month, and sometimes more often, depending  upon individual circumstances.

Q. What is a mandatory service?

A. The majority of our services are provided on a voluntary basis. You participate in them only if you so choose. However, some of our services are mandatory, which means that you must participate, whether you want to or not. Mandatory services are provided by court order or if your child has been determined to be at risk without some sort of intervention.

Q. Do I have to give my name to report an incident?

A. You are not required to give your name if you are calling to report an incident. However, it's very helpful if you do, since the staff member assigned to the case can call you back to confirm the information. You may be asked further questions to help us clarify information you've given

                                                                                                                                    Return to Human Services Innovation Page