Applications are now being accepted by the Pennsylvania State Civil Service Commission for testing in the County Caseworker Classification. The Tioga County Department of Human Services, an equal opportunity employer, will hire from the list resulting from the testing. Minimum requirements are a bachelor's degree supplemented by 12 college credits in sociology, social welfare, psychology, gerontology, criminal justice, or other related social sciences. Please contact 570-724-5766 for applications and testing information.
Tioga County Department of Human Services
1873 Shumway Hill Road
Wellsboro, PA 16901
Tioga County Human Services Agency is looking to fill several Caseworker 1 vacancies IMMEDIATELY.
The Caseworker is responsible to a Casework Supervisor and performs all integrated service management provided by the Human Services Agency. They are responsible for the operation of intake for MH/MR/C&Y/ & D&A, as well as linking, referral, and monitoring of services in Mental Health/Mental Retardation, and Children and Youth. The Caseworker provides single category (MH, MR, C&Y) and all multi-categorical casework services for each public-funded client in the Human Services Agency system. The Caseworker will work with strict oversight from their supervisor.
Minimum Experience and Training:
· A bachelor's degree which includes or is supplemented by successful completion of 12 college credits in sociology, social welfare, psychology, gerontology, criminal justice, or other related social sciences; OR
· Two years of experience as a County Social Services Aide 3 and two years of college level course work which includes 12 college credits in sociology, social welfare, psychology, gerontology, criminal justice, or other related social sciences; OR
· Any equivalent combination of experience and training which includes 12 college credits in sociology, social welfare, psychology, gerontology, criminal justice, or other related social sciences and one year of experience as a County Social Services Aide 3 or in a similar position performing paraprofessional case management functions.
Qualified applicants must also be willing to take and pass the Pennsylvania State Civil Service exam for Caseworker 1.
To apply for and take the exam:
Go to the Pennsylvania State Civil Service Commission website www.scsc.state.pa.us
Once on the website listed above you’ll want to register yourself as a new user.
Once you’re registered you can apply for jobs. To Apply for a Caseworker 1 you’ll need test announcement number 2006-713 entered on the application under the section regarding what position you are applying for.
At the completion of the online Civil Service application you’ll be prompted to schedule yourself to take the CW1 exam; the nearest testing location to Tioga County is Lock Haven.
If you need further assistance please contact Casey Zuchowski at 570-723-8205
Tioga County Probation Department
POSITION: Crew Leader
SALARY: To be determined by the Salary Board pursuant to Collective Bargaining Agreement
· Valid Operator’s License
· High School Education or GED
· Act 34 Child Abuse Clearance
· Criminal History Clearance
· Valid driver’s license
· Knowledge of working in various laborer positions
· Ability to Supervise workers
EXAMPLES OF WORK PERFORMED BY THIS POSITION
*** Performing various laborer duties
*** Dealing with the public
*** Working hand in hand with inmates and / or juvenile offenders
*** Supervising a crew of offenders in various community service work projects
Employment applications and job descriptions may be picked up at the Tioga County Probation Department at 118 Main Street, Wellsboro, PA.
The Tioga County Probation Department is an equal opportunity employer.
Applications will be accepted until January 5, 2018.