Full-time and part-time positions are anticipated with an equal opportunity employer for persons interested in working in a Human Services Agency. Job titles to consider are Caseworker, Homemakers, Houseparents, and Fiscal Assistants. For information on position openings contact:
Tioga County Department of Human Services
1873 Shumway Hill Road
Wellsboro, PA 16901
Applications are now being accepted by the Pennsylvania State Civil Service Commission for testing in the County Caseworker Classification. The Tioga County Department of Human Services, an equal opportunity employer, will hire from the list resulting from the testing. Minimum requirements are a bachelor's degree supplemented by 12 college credits in sociology, social welfare, psychology, gerontology, criminal justice, or other related social sciences. Please contact 570-724-5766 for applications and testing information.
Tioga County Department of Human Services
1873 Shumway Hill Road
Wellsboro, PA 16901
Tioga County Human Services Agency is looking to fill several Caseworker 1 vacancies IMMEDIATELY.
The Caseworker is responsible to a Casework Supervisor and performs all integrated service management provided by the Human Services Agency. They are responsible for the operation of intake for MH/MR/C&Y/ & D&A, as well as linking, referral, and monitoring of services in Mental Health/Mental Retardation, and Children and Youth. The Caseworker provides single category (MH, MR, C&Y) and all multi-categorical casework services for each public-funded client in the Human Services Agency system. The Caseworker will work with strict oversight from their supervisor.
Minimum Experience and Training:
· A bachelor's degree which includes or is supplemented by successful completion of 12 college credits in sociology, social welfare, psychology, gerontology, criminal justice, or other related social sciences; OR
· Two years of experience as a County Social Services Aide 3 and two years of college level course work which includes 12 college credits in sociology, social welfare, psychology, gerontology, criminal justice, or other related social sciences; OR
· Any equivalent combination of experience and training which includes 12 college credits in sociology, social welfare, psychology, gerontology, criminal justice, or other related social sciences and one year of experience as a County Social Services Aide 3 or in a similar position performing paraprofessional case management functions.
Qualified applicants must also be willing to take and pass the Pennsylvania State Civil Service exam for Caseworker 1.
To apply for and take the exam:
Go to the Pennsylvania State Civil Service Commission website www.scsc.state.pa.us
Once on the website listed above you’ll want to register yourself as a new user.
Once you’re registered you can apply for jobs. To Apply for a Caseworker 1 you’ll need test announcement number 2006-713 entered on the application under the section regarding what position you are applying for.
At the completion of the online Civil Service application you’ll be prompted to schedule yourself to take the CW1 exam; the nearest testing location to Tioga County is Lock Haven.
If you need further assistance please contact Sara Rice at 570-723-8298.
Tioga County currently has a full-time vacancy for an ArcGIS Online & Field Data Collection Tech in the GIS Department. For application and information please contact the Human Resource office at (570) 723-8205.
• Requires basic to intermediate knowledge of ESRI’s ArcGIS Desktop v.10.x software (preferably v.10.3.x), Geodatabase design, shape-file exchange, data creation & editing, and various other GIS concepts and familiarity with related hardware and/or software programs.
• Basic understanding/experience in publishing data, services, maps, & web applications via ArcGIS Online.
• Utilization of Collector for ArcGIS with the ArcGIS Online environment and ArcGIS Desktop.
• Ability to collect basic vector-formatted data in the field with GPS units (e.g. Trimble GPS units) via the mobile software ArcPad v.10.x, or with the Collector for ArcGIS Application for mobile data collection.
• Requires experience with Windows 7 and Microsoft Office 2010 or a later version.
• Requires experience with GIS hardware and software configuration and data conversion techniques.
• Requires the ability to prepare and maintain accurate records and work independently on projects.
• Must have knowledge and familiarly with Adobe Photoshop and basic image editing.
• Must have ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees and external organizations.
• There is a significant customer service/in-office component to this position. All applicant must be demonstrate the ability to exhibit professionalism at all times when dealing with the public.
• Must possess a valid driver’s license.
• Bachelor’s Degree in GIS, Geography, a related field, or the equivalent of any combination of education and experience.
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
• Knowledge of advanced layout techniques by incorporating Photoshop or other image editing software.
• Customizing web maps & apps in the ArcGIS Online environment and the general ability to develop more complex strategies with ArcGIS Online deployment.
• Utilize Collector for ArcGIS Application in conjunction with the ArcGIS Online environment to develop efficient and increasingly complex workflows (this may include coordination with municipal officials in completing fieldwork).
• Cadastral mapping experience with COGO (Coordinate Geometry) and parcel editing in the ArcMap environment.
• Demonstrated knowledge or ability to learn GIS skills such as image geo-referencing and rectification.
• Solid understanding of the concepts and the ability to work with 3D models using ArcScene, AutoCAD Civil 3D, and other 3D modeler programs.
• Basic to intermediate knowledge of geoprocessing workflows (model builder) and integration with ArcGIS Online.
• Basic understanding of GIS as it relates to emergency services and first responder 911 protocols.
• Geographic Information Systems Professional (GISP) Certification from the GISCI preferred, but not required.
DATE: The tech position is available as of January 2016 – open until filled.
STARTING RATE: To be determined (based on experience level, education, and other qualifications)
HOURS OF WORK: Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Note: Tioga County is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
POSITION: Full-time Deputy Sheriff
Union position – Salary based on contract - $10.66 per hour
HOURS: 37.5 per week
This position is a varied duty position inclusive of Courthouse security, transportation and supervision of inmates to and from courts, hospitals, and various agencies throughout the State; performing routine law enforcement duties and making arrests; receiving and serving warrants, writs, executions, summons, court notices, and subpoenas for the Sheriff’s office.
Qualifications: Act 120 preferred; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees and the public; current driver’s license; and availability for extensive training. Must submit to and successfully pass a psychological evaluation and physical examination.
Interested individuals must submit an application to the Human Resources office.
Tioga County is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Tioga County currently has a full-time vacancy for a Maintenance Technician. The successful candidate will be responsible to troubleshoot, repair and maintain HVAC and facility equipment at various County buildings. This position will also require that the person conduct general maintenance at the Prison. Direct supervision is under the HVAC Coordinator. Applications can be found on the County website www.tiogacountypa.us on the right side of the screen under the printable forms section. Completed applications should be sent to the Human Resource office at 118 Main Street, Wellsboro PA. For further information contact the Human Resource office at (570) 723-8205.
- 2 years of experience in working with HVAC; HVAC certification or degree; or any combination of experience and training
- Valid Driver’s License
- PSP Criminal History Clearance
Perform duties to maintain HVAC equipment and other mechanical equipment
Maintain records of scheduled maintenance procedures
Operate computers which control and monitor mechanical equipment and utility systems
Respond to emergency maintenance requests as required
Repair electrical equipment and control circuits
Repair refrigeration equipment
Perform mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting
Read and interpret equipment manuals to perform required maintenance
Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments
Perform a variety of plumbing maintenance and carpentry functions
Detect faulty operations, defective material and report those and any unusual situations to proper supervision
Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas
Ability to be on call nights and weekends as needed
Ability to lift more than 50 pounds
HOURS OF WORK: Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (Flexible)
STARTING WAGE: $14.00 per hour
Posting dates: January 29, 2016 to February 19, 2016
Tioga County is an Equal Opportunity Employer.