TIOGA COUNTY PLANNER
Tioga County has an anticipated vacancy for a County Planner. The Role of the Tioga County Planner is a multi-faceted position. There are many perspectives that need to be integrated across a large geographic area, from Community Development. Land Use, Transportation, and Natural Resources. The job requires the ability to work independently and as a team player with various organizations at the County and State levels.
The Planning Director directs planning initiatives and typically reports to the County Board of Commissioners, the Chief Clerk, and the Tioga County Planning Commission. This position has significant degree of flexibility in accomplishing tasks. The Planning Director also directly supervises the Planning Specialist and Planning Technician positions. This is a full time exempt position.
Salary commensurate with skills and experience.
In order to apply for this position, please complete a Tioga County job application and return to the Human Resources department. Applications can be found on Tioga County’s website www.tiogacountypa.us on the right side of the screen under the printable forms section or in person at Security at the Tioga County Courthouse at 118 Main Street, Wellsboro, PA 16901. The posting will remain open until filled. For more information please contact the Human Resources office at 570-723-8205.
Attached is the more detailed explanation of what the position entails. click here
911 GIS TECHNICIAN
Tioga County is currently accepting applications for a full-time with benefits, 911 GIS Technician at the Tioga County Department of Emergency Services.
Interested candidates should submit applications to the Human Resources Department at the Tioga County Courthouse, 118 Main Street, Wellsboro, PA 16901. Applications can be found at www.tiogacountypa.us on the right side of the screen under the printable forms section or at Security at the Tioga County Courthouse.
The 911 GIS Technician position functions under the Tioga County Department of Emergency Services (TCDES) to update and maintain various Geospatial Information Systems (GIS) databases, Computer-Aided Dispatch (CAD) databases, and other various software programs related to emergency preparedness. When not performing functions for TCDES, the position also supports the Tioga County GIS Office and Tioga County Information Technology (IT) Department.
· Undergraduate (or higher) degree in GIS, Geography, Cartography, Computer Science, or equivalent
Graduation from high school or possession of a GED certificate and extensive experience with ESRI products (e.g., ArcGIS Desktop) & other GPS products
- Ability to utilize ArcGIS, ArcPad and Trimble Pathfinder Office software packages.
- Ability to utilize Microsoft Office software, specifically familiarity with Access.
- Ability to maintain and update GIS databases in the manner set forth by the Tioga County GIS office.
- Ability to read and interpret digital and paper maps. Ability to interpret and apply written rules and regulations.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees and vendors.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
· Must successfully pass a standard public safety background check
- 40 hours per week
- Starting rate is $13.00 per hour
Tioga County is an Equal Opportunity Employer