TIOGA COUNTY PLANNER
Tioga County has an anticipated vacancy for a County Planner. The Role of the Tioga County Planner is a multi-faceted position. There are many perspectives that need to be integrated across a large geographic area, from Community Development. Land Use, Transportation, and Natural Resources. The job requires the ability to work independently and as a team player with various organizations at the County and State levels.
The Planning Director directs planning initiatives and typically reports to the County Board of Commissioners, the Chief Clerk, and the Tioga County Planning Commission. This position has significant degree of flexibility in accomplishing tasks. The Planning Director also directly supervises the Planning Specialist and Planning Technician positions. This is a full time exempt position.
Salary commensurate with skills and experience.
In order to apply for this position, please complete a Tioga County job application and return to the Human Resources department. Applications can be found on Tioga County’s website www.tiogacountypa.us on the right side of the screen under the printable forms section or in person at Security at the Tioga County Courthouse at 118 Main Street, Wellsboro, PA 16901. The posting will remain open until filled. For more information please contact the Human Resources office at 570-723-8205.
Attached is the more detailed explanation of what the position entails. click here
911 GIS TECHNICIAN
Tioga County is currently accepting applications for a full-time with benefits, 911 GIS Technician at the Tioga County Department of Emergency Services.
Interested candidates should submit applications to the Human Resources Department at the Tioga County Courthouse, 118 Main Street, Wellsboro, PA 16901. Applications can be found at www.tiogacountypa.us on the right side of the screen under the printable forms section or at Security at the Tioga County Courthouse.
The 911 GIS Technician position functions under the Tioga County Department of Emergency Services (TCDES) to update and maintain various Geospatial Information Systems (GIS) databases, Computer-Aided Dispatch (CAD) databases, and other various software programs related to emergency preparedness. When not performing functions for TCDES, the position also supports the Tioga County GIS Office and Tioga County Information Technology (IT) Department.
· Undergraduate (or higher) degree in GIS, Geography, Cartography, Computer Science, or equivalent
Graduation from high school or possession of a GED certificate and extensive experience with ESRI products (e.g., ArcGIS Desktop) & other GPS products
- Ability to utilize ArcGIS, ArcPad and Trimble Pathfinder Office software packages.
- Ability to utilize Microsoft Office software, specifically familiarity with Access.
- Ability to maintain and update GIS databases in the manner set forth by the Tioga County GIS office.
- Ability to read and interpret digital and paper maps. Ability to interpret and apply written rules and regulations.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees and vendors.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
· Must successfully pass a standard public safety background check
- 40 hours per week
- Starting rate is $13.00 per hour
Tioga County is an Equal Opportunity Employer
TIOGA COUNTY CONSERVATION DISTRICT
Tioga County Conservation District is seeking qualified applicants for a grant-funded, full time with benefits position of Resource Conservationist. The candidate for this position will possess the quality to be highly motivated and be people oriented. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are essential to the success of this position. The responsibilities include: work in the fields of dirt and gravel roads, erosion and sediment pollution control, dam safety and waterway management, and assist other conservation programs as needed. An employee in this position performs a variety of duties relating to the evaluation and design of dirt and gravel roads, the achievement of compliance with regulations, and chapter 105 rules and regulations.
Minimum qualifications include: Bachelor’s Degree in environment science, ecology, geology, civil or any other appropriate field of engineering technology, or an associate’s degree, the required technical abilities and two years’ experience in the environmental field. Starting salary is $13.00 per hour with benefits.
Please submit a completed application to the Human Resources office at 118 Main Street, Wellsboro, PA 16901 or by scanning and emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications can be found on the County website www.tiogacountypa.us on the right side of screen under the printable forms section.
Emergency Services Training Coordinator
The Emergency Services Training Coordinator functions under the Department of Emergency Services (TCDES) and supervises the education, certification, and delivery of continual training and exercises to various emergency responder organizations who service Tioga County, Pennsylvania. The position also facilitates the long-term planning and implementation of training and exercise strategy, goals and objectives for Tioga County as well as in participation with the entire North Central Task Force (NCTF).
· Surveys local Emergency Management, Emergency Medical Service (EMS), Fire/Rescue, and Law Enforcement agencies in order to identify and prioritize county-wide training goals and objectives
· Coordinates the development of the annual public safety training schedule for each upcoming year, in congruence with Tioga County’s Multi-Year Training and Exercise Plan (MYTEP)
· Implements the MYTEP by planning, budgeting, contracting, scheduling, advertising, and registering students for, and monitoring the evaluation of, its courses & exercises
· Staffs the Emergency Operations Center (EOC) during activations
· Inventories and maintains all EMS & hazardous materials training equipment & records as well as the County course registration technology
· Represents Tioga County Emergency Services on committees and councils related to training and exercises or other Emergency Management areas
· Coordinates regular Continuing Education (Con-Ed) for EMS, Fire/Rescue, and Law Enforcement
· Assists in administering the Emergency Medical Services (EMS) licensure program (applications, inspections, and certifications)
· Leads a planning team to design training & exercises, and present them to Emergency Management staff, emergency responders, other key stakeholders, and the public
· Represents Tioga County on the North Central Task Force (NCTF) Training and Exercise Committee
· Available as an Emergency Management field responder on a rotating basis
· Attends frequent evening and weekend meetings and training sessions
· Additional duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
· Graduation from high school or possession of a GED certificate
· Thorough (3 years or more) experience as a trainer/educator/teacher
· Background in Emergency Services
· Successful completion of a standard public safety background check
· Valid Driver’s License
· Certifications in the following (within 1 year of employment):
· ASHI CPR Instructor
· FEMA IS-100, IS-200, IS-700, IS-800
· FEMA ICS-300 & ICS-400
· First Aid/CPR
· Hazardous Materials Operations Homeland Security Exercise and Evaluation Program (HSEEP)
· Certifications in the following (within 3 years of employment)
· PEMA Professional Level Emergency Management
· Pennsylvania Department of Health (PA DOH) Emergency Medical Responder (EMR) or above
· PA DOH Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) or above
· PA DOH Emergency Medical Technician Instructor
· PA Fire Academy State Fire Instructor
HOURS: 40 hours per week (available 24/7 for large-scale incidents and disasters). Monday through Friday 0800 to 1630
RATE OF PAY: $13.00/hour
Interested individuals must submit an application to the Human Resource office located at the Tioga County Courthouse (118 Main Street, Wellsboro, PA 16901). Applications can be found on the County website www.tiogacountypa.us under the printable forms section on the right side of the screen. For additional questions or a full copy of the job description you may contact the Human Resources office at 570-723-8204 or email@example.com.
Tioga County is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Posting dates: November 20, 2019 to December 6, 2019
Tioga County is currently accepting applications for the position of Public Defender. This position is full time with benefits. Duties involve representing indigent Defendants of all charges that could reasonably lead to incarceration, including all misdemeanors, felonies, and even specific traffic violations through all levels of the Pennsylvania court system from Magisterial District Courts up to the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania. The Public Defender will also oversee staff operations to ensure that the office remains in good working order and remains compliant with the aims of protecting the rights of the indigent. The Public Defender will also submit a yearly budget to the County Commissioners for review. The successful candidate will also participate in various criminal justice boards to advance right of clients. To qualify for this position a Bachelor’s degree in law from an accredited law school and a license to practice law in Pennsylvania is required. Must be a member of the bar in good standing with the Pennsylvania Supreme Court. Must have experience in representing clients in the criminal cases, or similar legal working experience. Supervisory experience preferred. Salary is commensurate with experience. For more information please call 570-723-8205. To apply for the position, please complete a County application. They can be found at www.tiogacountypa.us under the printable forms section. Return completed applications to Tioga County Courthouse 118 Main Street, Wellsboro, PA 16901 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Maintenance Worker 2
Tioga County currently has a full-time with benefits vacancy for a Maintenance Worker 2. The position involves performing routine maintenance on all County buildings, bridges, equipment and grounds.
Applications are available at Courthouse Security or online at www.tiogacountypa.us on the right side of the screen under the printable forms section. For further information contact the Human Resource Office at (570) 723-8205.
· Helps plan and executes daily work activities under supervision by the Maintenance Director.
· Must have a working knowledge of facility systems including electrical, plumbing and mechanical as well as general construction methods.
· Demonstrates proper utilization of all tools used in the Maintenance field.
· Must be proficient in several trades including: Electrical, Carpentry Roofing, Painting, Plumbing, Masonry, HVAC and Grounds Maintenance and upkeep.
· Helps coordinate projects including design, material lists, obtain quotes and files proper paper work.
· Must take pride in their work.
· Must have knowledge of Safe Work Practices
· Must be proficient in Windows, Microsoft Word and Excel
· Reports directly to the Maintenance Director
PA State Child Abuse, PSP Criminal History and FBI Fingerprint Clearances Required.
High School Diploma or GED
Valid Driver’s License
3 Years experience in the Maintenance field
Hours of work are Monday through Friday, 6:00 am to 2:30 pm.
Wage rate for this position will be determined by experience with a range of $14.00 to $16.00 per hour.
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Tioga County is an Equal Opportunity Employer.