Applications are now being accepted by the Pennsylvania State Civil Service Commission for testing in the County Caseworker Classification. The Tioga County Department of Human Services, an equal opportunity employer, will hire from the list resulting from the testing. Minimum requirements are a bachelor's degree supplemented by 12 college credits in sociology, social welfare, psychology, gerontology, criminal justice, or other related social sciences. Please contact 570-724-5766 for applications and testing information.
Tioga County Department of Human Services
1873 Shumway Hill Road
Wellsboro, PA 16901
Tioga County Human Services Agency is looking to fill several Caseworker 1 vacancies IMMEDIATELY.
The Caseworker is responsible to a Casework Supervisor and performs all integrated service management provided by the Human Services Agency. They are responsible for the operation of intake for MH/MR/C&Y/ & D&A, as well as linking, referral, and monitoring of services in Mental Health/Mental Retardation, and Children and Youth. The Caseworker provides single category (MH, MR, C&Y) and all multi-categorical casework services for each public-funded client in the Human Services Agency system. The Caseworker will work with strict oversight from their supervisor.
Minimum Experience and Training:
· A bachelor's degree which includes or is supplemented by successful completion of 12 college credits in sociology, social welfare, psychology, gerontology, criminal justice, or other related social sciences; OR
· Two years of experience as a County Social Services Aide 3 and two years of college level course work which includes 12 college credits in sociology, social welfare, psychology, gerontology, criminal justice, or other related social sciences; OR
· Any equivalent combination of experience and training which includes 12 college credits in sociology, social welfare, psychology, gerontology, criminal justice, or other related social sciences and one year of experience as a County Social Services Aide 3 or in a similar position performing paraprofessional case management functions.
Qualified applicants must also be willing to take and pass the Pennsylvania State Civil Service exam for Caseworker 1.
To apply for and take the exam:
Go to the Pennsylvania State Civil Service Commission website www.scsc.state.pa.us
Once on the website listed above you’ll want to register yourself as a new user.
Once you’re registered you can apply for jobs. To Apply for a Caseworker 1 you’ll need test announcement number 2006-713 entered on the application under the section regarding what position you are applying for.
At the completion of the online Civil Service application you’ll be prompted to schedule yourself to take the CW1 exam; the nearest testing location to Tioga County is Lock Haven.
If you need further assistance please contact Casey Zuchowski at 570-723-8205
POSITION – CLERK
OFFICE OF THE PROTHONOTARY & CLERK OF COURTS
HOURS: 8:00 A.M. – 4:30 P.M.
40 HOURS PER WEEK
STARTING RATE: $11.00 PER HOUR
6 MONTHS PROBATION; VACATION, SICK AND PERSONAL AFTER 6 MONTHS
JOB REQUIREMENTS/QUALIFICATIONS: INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
PROTONOTARY & CLERK OF THE COURTS IS KEEPER OF ALL THE RECORDS FOR CIVIL AND CRIMINAL CASES. THIS POSITION IS A DUAL ROLE WORKING WITH CIVIL AND CRIMINAL CASES, CREATING, MAINTAINING, INPUTING INFORMATION INTO A DATA SYSTEM. WORKING WITH HIGHLY CONFIDENTIAL, SENSITIVE INFORMATION.
YOU MUST HAVE THE ABILITY TO LEARN QUICKLY; MULTITASK, USING GREAT ORGANIZATIONAL SKILLS; ANSWER TELEPHONES; PROCESS INFORMATION ACCURATELY AND EFFECTIVELY. WORK WELL UNDER PRESSURE; BE A TEAM PLAYER. BE WILLING TO ASSIST CUSTOMERS WITH VARIOUS QUESTIONS AND STAND ON LADDERS TO RETRIEVE BOOKS UP TO 20 POUNDS. YOU MUST HAVE THE ABILITY TO MAINTAIN EFFECTIVE WORKING RELATIONSHIPS WITH OTHER EMPLOYEES; MANAGERS; AND THE PUBLIC TO BE COURTEOUS; TACTFULL AND POSITIVE.
THERE WILL BE ON THE JOB TRAINING AS WELL AS ONLINE TRAINING FOR PASSPORTS. THE CRIMINAL DATA BASE TRAINING WILL BE HELD IN MECHANICSBURG PA.
INTERESTED INDIVIDUALS MUST SUBMIT AN APPLICATION TO THE PROTHONOTARY & CLERK OF COURTS BY SEPTEMBER 1, 2017. INTERVIEWS WILL BE HELD IN PERSON AT THE PROTHONOTARY & CLERK OF COURTS OFFICE.
Tioga County Detective
Tioga County currently has a full-time with benefits vacancy for a Detective in the District Attorney’s office. The position is a non-union position. Applications can found on the County website www.tiogacountypa.us on the right side of the screen under the printable forms section. Paper copies are available at the Courthouse at the Security desk. For further application questions please contact Human Resources at 570-723-8205.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
· Assist the Tioga County District Attorney and Assistant District Attorney with ongoing criminal investigations and pending criminal cases.
· Review all criminal cases received from the Magisterial District Judges prior to the Criminal Information being prepared.
· Request, document, receive, and forward all Criminal History information reference pending Criminal Case Defendant(s) into their respective case file.
· Request, document, receive, and forward all Certified Driving History Information regarding Criminal Court DUI Defendant(s) into their respective case file.
· Upon notification from the Court Of Common Pleas obtain, review, provide proper extradition information, and monitor on a weekly basis all new and current Capias Warrants directly related to the Tioga County District Attorney’s Office.
· Participate with the Tioga County Sheriff’s Office all Out of State Fugitive from Justice Warrants, participate in the Extradition Hearing, notify the appropriate Out of State Law Enforcement Agency of Extradition Status, and liaison with the Tioga County Prison regarding transport and departure of Defendant to permit nol pros of Fugitive from Justice charge at County level.
· Liaison with all Municipal Law Enforcement Agencies requesting Tioga County District Attorney Office assistance or resources, current cases, critical investigations, search warrants, etc.
· Liaison with Pennsylvania State Police-Mansfield requesting Tioga County District Attorney Office assistance or resources, current cases, critical investigations, search warrants, etc.
· Liaison with any Law Enforcement Agency outside of Tioga County requesting Tioga County District Attorney Office assistance or resources.
· Liaison with the Tioga County Prison requesting Tioga County District Attorney Office assistance or resources, inmate furlough issues, etc.
· Liaison with the Tioga County Sheriff’s Department regarding important criminal cases, important inmate transports, capias service, Court House security, warrant round-ups, etc.
· Assist when requested the Tioga County Court of Common Pleas Bailiff with security of Courtroom, execution of warrants, processing of prisoners, etc.
· Participate in the Tioga County Court House Security Team.
· Liaison with the Tioga County Court Administrator’s Office regarding pending criminal cases, and assist when requested and applicable any and all resources of the Tioga County District Attorney’s Office.
· Investigate, when approved by the Tioga County District Attorney, criminal cases.
· Participate in the Tioga County Law Enforcement Association.
· Assist all Public and Private Schools within Tioga County when requested by providing a Law Enforcement presence at the requested school, provide if possible any requested assistance, participate in all school violence prevention programs provided currently to schools by Tioga County Law Enforcement, participate in Community Service programs targeted at and for students, etc.
· Liaison with the communities and individuals that comprise Tioga County, and provide assistance when applicable that fall within the guidelines of the Tioga County District Attorney’s Office.
· Liaison with the Tioga County Commissioners.
· Liaison with Community Based Agency requesting the involvement and/or assistance of the Tioga County District Attorney’s Office, and when requested assistance applies with the guidelines of the Tioga County District Attorney’s Office.
· Liaison with the Tioga County Human Services Agency regarding new and pending Child sexual assault cases, physical abuse cases, etc.
· Review, forward, and log all CY 104 (Suspected Child Sexual/Physical Assault Case) forms received from Tioga County Human Services.
· Liaison with the Tioga County Emergency Services Department, monitor daily incidents received by the 911 Center, obtain if applicable any and all information received by the 911 Center regarding a critical incident, or desired in a pending criminal case, etc.
· Respond at direction of Tioga County District Attorney or Chief County Detective to any criminal incident so directed to respond to, such as Homicide, fatal crash involving possible prosecution, etc.
· Participate in off duty on call status if so directed by the Tioga County District Attorney or Chief County Detective.
· Liaison with the Tioga County Probation Department.
It is required that applicants possess a high school diploma. In addition, applicants must be currently certified under the Pennsylvania Municipal Police Training Commission (Act 120). It is preferred that applicants also possess an Associate and/or Bachelor’s Degree, or Military experience with honorable discharge. Investigative experience preferred. Applicants must also have a valid driver’s license.
STARTING RATE: $47,500
Posting dates: August 25, 2017 to September 1, 2017
Tioga County is an Equal Opportunity Employer.