911 GIS TECHNICIAN
Tioga County is currently accepting applications for a full-time with benefits, 911 GIS Technician at the Tioga County Department of Emergency Services.
Interested candidates should submit applications to the Human Resources Department at the Tioga County Courthouse, 118 Main Street, Wellsboro, PA 16901. Applications can be found at www.tiogacountypa.us on the right side of the screen under the printable forms section or at Security at the Tioga County Courthouse.
The 911 GIS Technician position functions under the Tioga County Department of Emergency Services (TCDES) to update and maintain various Geospatial Information Systems (GIS) databases, Computer-Aided Dispatch (CAD) databases, and other various software programs related to emergency preparedness. When not performing functions for TCDES, the position also supports the Tioga County GIS Office and Tioga County Information Technology (IT) Department.
· Undergraduate (or higher) degree in GIS, Geography, Cartography, Computer Science, or equivalent
Graduation from high school or possession of a GED certificate and extensive experience with ESRI products (e.g., ArcGIS Desktop) & other GPS products
- Ability to utilize ArcGIS, ArcPad and Trimble Pathfinder Office software packages.
- Ability to utilize Microsoft Office software, specifically familiarity with Access.
- Ability to maintain and update GIS databases in the manner set forth by the Tioga County GIS office.
- Ability to read and interpret digital and paper maps. Ability to interpret and apply written rules and regulations.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees and vendors.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
· Must successfully pass a standard public safety background check
- 40 hours per week
- Starting rate is $13.00 per hour
Tioga County is an Equal Opportunity Employer
TIOGA COUNTY CONSERVATION DISTRICT
Erosion and Sediment Control Technician
Seeking qualified applicants for full time position of Erosion and Sediment Control Technician. Requires excellent communication skills, computer knowledge, technical and organizational abilities, initiative. Will be responsible for delegated duties under Pennsylvania’s Erosion Control Regulations and Stream Encroachments. Will provide technical assistance, plan review, project design, construction inspection, complaint investigation, and educational outreach. The position will also provide technical support to the public in Erosion Control and Stream Management. Minimum qualifications; degree or technical training in Agriculture, Agronomy, Environmental Science, Civil Engineering or related field or combination of experience, education and training. The applicant must have a valid driver’s license and be able to navigate rough terrain. Salary is $13.00 per hour with benefits.
Applications available at:
TIOGA COUNTY CONSERVATION DISTRICT
1867 SHUMWAY HILL RD
WELLSBORO, PA 16901
Phone (570) 724-1801
Tioga County Courthouse
118 Main Street
Wellsboro PA. 16901
The Tioga County is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMITTING APPLICATIONS IS MARCH 27, 2020
Tioga County Prison is currently accepting applications for a full time, with benefits, second shift LPN. Shift hours will be discussed in the interview process. The LPN will be responsible for assessing health care needs of all newly committed offenders to the facility. Other responsibilities include scheduling offenders with the medical doctor as well as other outside appointments, drawing blood, ordering medications for the med cart, transfer paperwork as needed and performing sick call daily. Possession of a current license to practice as a LPN issued in Pennsylvania State Board of Nursing is required. Applications can be found on our website www.tiogacountypa.us on the right side of the screen under the printable forms section or in person in the lobby of the Tioga County Courthouse. Starting rate of pay will be determined by Salary Board. Please return complete applications to the Courthouse at 118 Main Street, Wellsboro, PA 16901 to the attention of Human Resources. Applications can also be faxed to 570-723-8206 or emailed to email@example.com. Tioga County is an equal employment opportunity employer.
Posting dates: 3/31/2020 to 4/15/2020
Judicial Line Staff
POSITION: Judicial Line Staff
Magisterial District Court 04-3-03
267 S. Main St.
Mansfield, PA 16933
JOB DESCRIPTION: This is complex and varied clerical and bookkeeping work involving a large exercise of independence in the conduct of standard duties. This position involves frequent use of office equipment and paper files. Work involves substantial public contact, maintain court schedule, significant data entry, and weekly, monthly, and annual bookkeeping. Work is largely reviewed by observation of results.
· Graduation from High School or possession of a GED certificate.
· Courses or work experience evidencing some knowledge of clerical, secretarial, and/or bookkeeping work.
· Previous secretarial, clerical, or computer experience;
· Previous bookkeeping experience;
· Considerable knowledge of business English, spelling, arithmetic, and vocabulary;
· Considerable knowledge of modern office equipment, practices, and procedures;
· Ability to keep complex records, to assemble and organize data, and to prepare reports from such records;
· Ability to make computations and tabulations with total accuracy and reasonable speed;
· Ability to learn and use specialized language and technical terms;
· Ability to establish working relationships with other employees and the public;
· Ability to understand complex written and oral instructions;
· Ability to work with minimal supervision.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF WORK:
· Maintains confidentiality;
· Operates a computer system on a regular basis, preparing letters, memos, reports, forms, invoices, bills and receipts, working from verbal or written instructions and from established procedures;
· Maintains a complex record, filing; statistical, and accounting system;
· Schedules hearings and maintains calendar of events;
· Screens callers and visitors, answering inquiries by telephone or in person or correspondence, and providing basic policy and procedural information;
· Receives, records, and disburses money for the department, maintaining accounting system for payment/distribution of fines, costs, fees, and restitution;
· Work regularly with the MDJ in the review of maintenance of records and with the county and state auditors at regular intervals;
· Performs work as required by the Magisterial District Judge as needed for the MDJ office and as required by the President Judge;
· Although primarily employed at the Mansfield District Court, may be called upon the cover different judicial line staff positions in Tioga County if the need arises.
SALARY: Salary is $13.43 per hour. Note that salary is be determined by the Tioga County Salary Board, in accordance with the collective bargaining agreement. Successful applicant must complete a six-month probationary period.
REPORTS TO: Tiffany L. Cummings, Magisterial District Judge
TO APPLY: Applications will be accepted until 4:00PM on May 15, 2020. Interviews may take place on a rolling basis and all interviews for this application period will be completed by May 22, 2020. If an appropriate candidate is found, a job offer will be made on or before May 22, 2020 with an intended start date of June 5, 2020.
Please apply by:
1. Completing a county application. Applications can be obtained at Courthouse Security or online at www.tiogacountypa.us on the right side of the screen under the printable forms section.
2. Providing a professional resume.
Please return completed applications and resumes to Human Resources at 118 Main Street, Wellsboro, PA. Applications may also be faxed to 570-723-8206 or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Maintenance Worker 2
Tioga County currently has a full-time with benefits vacancy for a Maintenance Worker 2. The position involves performing routine maintenance on all County buildings, bridges, equipment and grounds.
Applications are available at Courthouse lobby or online at www.tiogacountypa.us on the right side of the screen under the printable forms section. For further information contact the Human Resource Office at (570) 723-8205.
· Helps plan and executes daily work activities under supervision by the Maintenance Director.
· Must have a working knowledge of facility systems including electrical, plumbing and mechanical as well as general construction methods.
· Demonstrates proper utilization of all tools used in the Maintenance field.
· Must be proficient in several trades including: Electrical, Carpentry Roofing, Painting, Plumbing, Masonry, HVAC and Grounds Maintenance and upkeep.
· Helps coordinate projects including design, material lists, obtain quotes and files proper paper work.
· Must take pride in their work.
· Must have knowledge of Safe Work Practices
· Must be proficient in Windows, Microsoft Word and Excel
· Reports directly to the Maintenance Director
PA State Child Abuse, PSP Criminal History and FBI Fingerprint Clearances Required.
High School Diploma or GED
Valid Driver’s License
3 Years experience in the Maintenance field
Hours of work are Monday through Friday, 6:00 am to 2:30 pm.
Wage rate for this position will be determined by experience with a range of $14.00 to $16.00 per hour.
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Tioga County is an Equal Opportunity Employer.