911 GIS TECHNICIAN
Tioga County is currently accepting applications for a full-time with benefits, 911 GIS Technician at the Tioga County Department of Emergency Services.
Interested candidates should submit applications to the Human Resources Department at the Tioga County Courthouse, 118 Main Street, Wellsboro, PA 16901. Applications can be found at www.tiogacountypa.us on the right side of the screen under the printable forms section or at Security at the Tioga County Courthouse.
The 911 GIS Technician position functions under the Tioga County Department of Emergency Services (TCDES) to update and maintain various Geospatial Information Systems (GIS) databases, Computer-Aided Dispatch (CAD) databases, and other various software programs related to emergency preparedness. When not performing functions for TCDES, the position also supports the Tioga County GIS Office and Tioga County Information Technology (IT) Department.
· Undergraduate (or higher) degree in GIS, Geography, Cartography, Computer Science, or equivalent
Graduation from high school or possession of a GED certificate and extensive experience with ESRI products (e.g., ArcGIS Desktop) & other GPS products
- Ability to utilize ArcGIS, ArcPad and Trimble Pathfinder Office software packages.
- Ability to utilize Microsoft Office software, specifically familiarity with Access.
- Ability to maintain and update GIS databases in the manner set forth by the Tioga County GIS office.
- Ability to read and interpret digital and paper maps. Ability to interpret and apply written rules and regulations.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees and vendors.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
· Must successfully pass a standard public safety background check
- 40 hours per week
- Starting rate is $13.00 per hour
Tioga County is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Maintenance Worker 2
Tioga County currently has a full-time with benefits vacancy for a Maintenance Worker 2. The position involves performing routine maintenance on all County buildings, bridges, equipment and grounds.
Applications are available at Courthouse lobby or online at www.tiogacountypa.us on the right side of the screen under the printable forms section. For further information contact the Human Resource Office at (570) 723-8205.
· Helps plan and executes daily work activities under supervision by the Maintenance Director.
· Must have a working knowledge of facility systems including electrical, plumbing and mechanical as well as general construction methods.
· Demonstrates proper utilization of all tools used in the Maintenance field.
· Must be proficient in several trades including: Electrical, Carpentry Roofing, Painting, Plumbing, Masonry, HVAC and Grounds Maintenance and upkeep.
· Helps coordinate projects including design, material lists, obtain quotes and files proper paper work.
· Must take pride in their work.
· Must have knowledge of Safe Work Practices
· Must be proficient in Windows, Microsoft Word and Excel
· Reports directly to the Maintenance Director
PA State Child Abuse, PSP Criminal History and FBI Fingerprint Clearances Required.
High School Diploma or GED
Valid Driver’s License
3 Years experience in the Maintenance field
Hours of work are Monday through Friday, 6:00 am to 2:30 pm.
Wage rate for this position will be determined by experience with a range of $14.00 to $16.00 per hour.
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Tioga County is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Tioga County Prison is currently accepting applications for the position of part-time, on-call Corrections Officer. Positions are available for both male and female officers. Work involves responsibility for admitting and releasing inmates, observing the conduct and behavior of inmates to prevent disturbances and escapes and supervising inmates work and recreational activities. Work performed in accordance with standard procedures which clearly specify methods for performance of duties.
Applications are available to download and print online at www.tiogacountypa.us The application is located on the right side of the screen under the printable forms section (first application). For further information contact the Human Resource office at (570) 723-8205.
Tioga County is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Starting Hourly Rate: $13.81 per hour with increases at 3 months and 6 months
Hours: Various shifts, including weekends and holidays
Tioga County is looking to hire for our Planning Department. The right candidate will be a team player and have excellent communication skills as well as the ability to learn quickly and be self-motivated. The Planning department works collaboratively with the Planning Commission in order to uphold the Comprehensive Plan. The Planning department is a multi-faceted office. There are many perspectives that need to be integrated across a large geographic area, from Community Development, Land Use, Transportation, and Natural Resources. The job requires the ability to work independently and as a team player with various organizations at the County and State levels. A background in Economic and Community Development is highly recommended.
This is a full time, with benefits position. Benefits include 12 paid Holidays, Vacation, Sick and Personal days, as well as health, dental and vision insurance and a pension. Salary will be commensurate with skills and experience.
In order to apply for this position, please complete a Tioga County job application and return to the Human Resources department. Applications can be found on Tioga County’s website www.tiogacountypa.us on the right side of the screen under the printable forms section or in person in the lobby at the Tioga County Courthouse at 118 Main Street, Wellsboro, PA 16901. The posting will remain open until filled. For more information please contact the Human Resources office at 570-723-8205.