TIOGA COUNTY PLANNING TECHNICIAN
Tioga County’s Planning department is accepting applications for a Planning Technician. This position is grant funded through December 2020, therefore is a temporary position. The successful candidate will work on a part time basis, 10 to 15 hours per week. The Planning Technician will assist the Planning department with the administration of the project specific tasks related to agriculture and watersheds. These items are identified in the 2017 Comprehensive Plan and funding awards are from DEP and DCNR.
The specific duties of the position will include but not be limited to:
· Coordinate Agroforestry education and outreach.
· Facilitate riparian forest buffer project development.
· Assist with County update to the 5 year Conservation Stewardship Plan.
· Assist Planning staff in seeking additional funding for riparian forest buffer and agriculture projects in the county.
· Education, natural resources, and/or agriculture background or interest.
· Proficient in public speaking.
· Proficient in social media marketing and outreach.
· Graphic Design skills are a plus.
· Experience with Microsoft Office Suite.
· Ability to work independently and on a team.
· Some evening and weekend meetings or events may be required.
· Candidate must be a problem-solver, not just a problem-identifier.
Wage for this position will be $15.00 per hour
Applications can be found on Tioga County’s website www.tiogacountypa.us on the right side of the screen under the printable forms section. Application deadline is August 31, 2018. For more information please contact the Human Resources office at 570-723-8205.