911 GIS TECHNICIAN
Tioga County is currently accepting applications for a full-time with benefits, 911 GIS Technician at the Tioga County Department of Emergency Services.
Interested candidates should submit applications to the Human Resources Department by 4:30 p.m. on November 9, 2018, at the Tioga County Courthouse, 118 Main Street, Wellsboro, PA 16901. Applications can be found at www.tiogacountypa.us on the right side of the screen under the printable forms section or at Security at Tioga County Courthouse.
The 911 GIS Technician position functions under the Tioga County Department of Emergency Services (TCDES) to update and maintain various Geospatial Information Systems (GIS) databases, Computer-Aided Dispatch (CAD) databases, and other various software programs related to emergency preparedness. When not performing functions for TCDES, the position also supports the Tioga County GIS Office and Tioga County Information Technology (IT) Department.
· Undergraduate (or higher) degree in GIS, Geography, Cartography, Computer Science, or equivalent
Graduation from high school or possession of a GED certificate and extensive experience with ESRI products (e.g., ArcGIS Desktop) & other GPS products
- Ability to utilize ArcGIS, ArcPad and Trimble Pathfinder Office software packages.
- Ability to utilize Microsoft Office software, specifically familiarity with Access.
- Ability to maintain and update GIS databases in the manner set forth by the Tioga County GIS office.
- Ability to read and interpret digital and paper maps. Ability to interpret and apply written rules and regulations.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees and vendors.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
· Must successfully pass a standard public safety background check
- 40 hours per week
- Starting rate is $13.00 per hour
Tioga County is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Posting October 23, 2018 to November 9, 2018